This is your last chance to spin-off Company of Heroes for free
The Company of Heroes developer Relic is offering a free game in celebration of its 25th anniversary, though it’s not one of their main titles.
Armor of Heroes is a top-down multiplayer arcade shooter that pits you and three other players against each other in primary tank-busting skirmishes. There are nine game modes to choose from, a selection of maps and vehicles to switch between, and even multiplayer PvP, co-op, or the option to play against the AI.
The game was originally released in October 2020 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Sega (Relic’s parent company), but was only available to claim for a limited time before being removed from Steam’s storefront. However, it’s back now, and can be picked up by creating a Relic community account and linking it to your Steam profile. You have to be fast, because the promotion ends today (June 23).
We won’t worry too much if you’re late to the party. As a multiplayer arcade shooter, the game has a similar name and theme to the wider Company of Heroes series. The arcade game was also not made by Relic, but a smaller studio called The Eccentric Ape, which specializes in porting games between systems.
Don’t expect the free game to knock your socks off, or have anyone waiting on its online servers. But if you fancy a few free minutes of vehicular arcade battle with your friends, it might be worth picking up.
how to claim heroes armor
If you want to choose heroes armor, you must:
- Visit the Company of Heroes Community Website (opens in new tab) and create a free account
- Click on the Armor of Heroes banner at the top of the page, which will take you to an award screen
- Follow the instructions to link your Relic and Steam accounts
- Navigate back to the rewards page and click “Claim” to add Armor of Heroes to your Steam account
- Boot up Steam and download the game through your library
Now you can blast your way across WW2 arenas to your heart’s content.